Those who were financially dependent on victim of a fatal accident may be able to claim compensation for the loss of financial support such as

  • childcare,
  • household duties,
  • pension rights.

Some compensations may also cover for bereavement and funeral expenses.

Dependent parties seeking compensation will fall under one of the following categories

  • a spouse or former spouse
  • a cohabitee (if he or she had been living as man and wife with the deceased)
  • a parent or ascendant of the deceased
  • a child or other descendant, (including children who may not be blood relatives but who were treated as children of the family)
  • other relatives of the deceased i.e. a brother, sister, uncle, aunt or their issue

At Houlihan Solicitors we understand that coping with the death of a close relative is extremely difficult and undoubtedly one of the most difficult experiences that a person can face. Our team will deal with your claim as sympathetically as possible.  If you are a dependent of a person who has died as a result of an accident and believe that you are entitled to claim compensation, then contact Houlihan Solicitors today on 061 502 090 or email to speak with one of our personal injury solicitors about your case.

*In contentious business, solicitors may not calculate fees as a percentage of any award or settlement