Those who were financially dependent on victim of a fatal accident may be able to claim compensation for the loss of financial support such as
- household duties,
- pension rights.
Some compensations may also cover for bereavement and funeral expenses.
Dependent parties seeking compensation will fall under one of the following categories
- a spouse or former spouse
- a cohabitee (if he or she had been living as man and wife with the deceased)
- a parent or ascendant of the deceased
- a child or other descendant, (including children who may not be blood relatives but who were treated as children of the family)
- other relatives of the deceased i.e. a brother, sister, uncle, aunt or their issue
At Houlihan Solicitors we understand that coping with the death of a close relative is extremely difficult and undoubtedly one of the most difficult experiences that a person can face. Our team will deal with your claim as sympathetically as possible. If you are a dependent of a person who has died as a result of an accident and believe that you are entitled to claim compensation, then contact Houlihan Solicitors today on 061 502 090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our personal injury solicitors about your case.
*In contentious business, solicitors may not calculate fees as a percentage of any award or settlement