Those who were financially dependent on victim of a fatal accident may be able to claim compensation for the loss of financial support such as

  • childcare,
  • household duties,
  • pension rights.

Some compensations may also cover for bereavement and funeral expenses.

Dependent parties seeking compensation will fall under one of the following categories

  • a spouse or former spouse
  • a cohabitee (if he or she had been living as man and wife with the deceased)
  • a parent or ascendant of the deceased
  • a child or other descendant, (including children who may not be blood relatives but who were treated as children of the family)
  • other relatives of the deceased i.e. a brother, sister, uncle, aunt or their issue

At Houlihan Solicitors we understand that coping with the death of a close relative is extremely difficult and undoubtedly one of the most difficult experiences that a person can face. Our team will deal with your claim as sympathetically as possible.  If you are a dependent of a person who has died as a result of an accident and believe that you are entitled to claim compensation, then contact Houlihan Solicitors today on 061 502 090 or email [email protected] to speak with one of our personal injury solicitors about your case.

*In contentious business, solicitors may not calculate fees as a percentage of any award or settlement